- Extended portable version
- Speedgain now includes SAP Crystal Reports to improve the analysis of the performance data. This supports both Speedgain predefined reports as well as individual reports.
- Monitoring of operation on column organized tables is now supported
- New Speedgain Modules to monitor
- DB2 Threads
- Latches in DB2
- Presentation of the tablespace states with filters
- Additional filters enhance the clarity of the Status Monitor
- Improved storage of tablespace and filesystem information to reduce the memory footprint
The new version enables the complete possibilities to analyze the whole SQL workload.
With older version it was only possible to analyze the SQL Workload for the last snapshot.
With the new version it is possible to analyze the SQL Workload for any time interval like one hour, one day or one week.
The new version make it possible to export the analyzed SQL Workload for further processing.
SQL Workload Analytics – Analyze aggregated workload behavior
Combining the existing Normalization feature with the SQL Workload Analytics one can analyze aggregated SQL workload behavior for user-defined time periods.
The Normalization feature automatically groups similar statements into one statement group. With this the „locust swarm“ of small SQL statements can be recognized and the creation of indexes is much more efficient.
Predefined and custom reports are available
Use predefined reports… There are delivered some reports that provide information on different topics.
… or create individual ones You can easily create your own reports. Use SAP Crystal Reports to design your report (the *.rpt file) and execute it from within Speedgain. Please note that the SAP Crystal Report Designer is NOT included in Speedgain for DB2.
Monitoring of Operations on Column Organized Tables
Observe the buffer pool utilization for column based access. The DB2 BLU feature is now supported. Activate the Bufferpool module on the instance settings page.
New module “Latch Monitor”
Latches Overview – DB2 latches, the traffic lights of the internal DB2 guidelines, are monitored by the new version of Speedgain. Their holders and the number of waiters are visualized. This makes it possible to detect lock situations within the database which are not found with conventional lock-chains. Latch Link to the holders – It is possible to link to the holders of the Latches
Tablespace States are added in the overview