JobManipulator for DataStage
The conversion process is controlled by a config-file with the necessary settings.
- Filter reading and writing stages using (to) SQL schema-names. Use different settings for read or writing stages.
- Set settings for the Snowflake Connector Stage by set, copy and adjust settings Oracle.
- Change text within an ISX-file, a job or a stage
- Rename Stages (like changing the prefix from ORA_ to SNOW_)
Adjust Parallel Jobs and Shared Container for Snowflake
- The Snowflake Connector Stage does not support rejects-links. The JobManipulator removes reject links and or directly dependent stages.
- Before and after SQL can be changed, cleared or set.
- Handle Partitioned Read and Runtime Column Propagation for reading stages
- To improve INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE performance of generated SQL-statements in Snowflake use Merge-mode provided with DataStage V184.108.40.206 (using Snowflakes INTERNAL STAGES)
- Support new parameter “Max files size” of the Snowflake Connector Stage introduced by PMR JR62815 to support large temporary files
Provides mechanism to change SQL-statements to adapt the different SQL-dialects of Oracle and Snowflake
- Change functions calls
- Convert text using regular expressions
- Adjust operands for the concat-operator || for differing NULL-handling of Oracle and Snowflake
Migrate your DataStage Projects from Oracle/Exadata DB to Snowflake DB
- Reduce manual work. Use ITGAIN JobManipulator to automate some time-consuming tasks, i.e. Convert, import and compile your jobs with one call of JobManipulator
- Change Database Connector Stages in Parallel Jobs and Shared Container
- Handle (Remove) Reject-links not supported by the Snowflake Connector Stage
- Adjust SQL-statements for Snowflake
Change all stages with a Parallel Job from Oracle to Snowflake
The ITGAIN JobManipultor was developed to replace a connector stage with another connector stage. We are currently focused on the exchange from Oracle to Snowflake.
Example: Conversion of an INSERT-stage
The changeover is made via various settings.
Remove rejects links and all directly dependend stages and links
And the JobManipulator can also remove the Reject processing. Everything is deleted that depends directly on the REJCT link. Then parts can still remain, which do not depend directly on the REJECT. But for most jobs an automatic conversion should be possible.
Mapping of an output Connector Stage from Oracle to Snowflake
Focus on the strategical aspects of your migration process – reduce boring manual steps
- Save time. Avoid to do the manual, tedious and error prone steps to change the stage from Oracle to Snowflake
- Concentrate on the “How to” change my DataStage projects.
Be agile. Gain speed with the highly automated conversion process
- Start small with a limited number of jobs.
- Adjust the settings and re-run the conversion process if needed.
- Convert the whole project multiple times in a minute.
- Reduce manual changes to a minimum.